Job Announcement: Administrative Assistant, Programs and Outreach
The Center on National Security at Fordham Law (CNS) is seeking a part-time administrative assistant to help support the CNS staff and research team. CNS is a non-partisan research and educational institute dedicated to enhancing public understanding of the complex security challenges of the 21st century and to promoting intelligent policy recommendations.
The administrative assistant will support the work of the Center’s Director, including managing the Center’s numerous programs on issues of national security, foreign policy, and civil liberties and assisting with outreach.
· Coordinating events such as roundtables, conferences, and workshops including preparing invitations, corresponding with speakers and presiders, helping to prepare background papers and materials for distribution, and providing other logistical support.
· Providing administrative support to CNS Director
· One or more year(s) related work experience. Experience in office setting with programming responsibilities.
· Experience working with grants proposals and budgets.
· Superior organizational and time management skills with an ability to effectively multi-task and meet deadlines.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Detail-oriented with strong proofreading and editing skills.
· Experience with social media outreach and using social medial applications preferred.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Start Date: April 1, 2017 (or earlier)
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com